This morning I logged on to check WordPress and possibly start work on a new blog and I see that I have a new comment on my last post. I always get excited when people comment, it’s nice to know that people do read what I write and want to join in. This particular comment came from The Light Purple Sky and it said, amongst other things:
I’d just like to let you know that I nominated you for the sunshine award and that I really like your blog!
Well all I can say to that is THANK YOU! I’m glad you like the blog and I make you smile so many thanks for taking the time to read my insane waffle that I spew out occasionally.
This nomination however leaves me with a problem. What exactly IS the Sunshine Award? Well, from what I’ve discerned this morning the Sunshine Award is an award given to “bloggers who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere”. It’s a kind of chain letter, where it gets passed on from blogger to blogger to let people know who inspires them. My nomination came from the aforementioned Light Purple Sky and with this award comes a list of rules which are:
- Include the award’s logo in a post or on your blog.
- Answer 10 questions about yourself.
- Nominate 10-12 other fabulous bloggers.
- Link your nominees to this post and comment on their blogs, letting them know they have been nominated.
- Share the love and link the person who nominated you.
So without any more procrastinating:
Eat, Sleep, Procrastinate does the Sunshine Award!
I was given this award by The Light Purple Sky
7 – I was born on the 7th and it’s stuck with me ever since
Favourite Non-Alcoholic Drink?
Tea – None of this ‘Iced Tea’ malarkey either. Piping hot from the pot, milk, no sugar please 😉
Facebook or Twitter?
Twitter – If Twitter could combine the photo album aspect of Facebook, then I’d have very little reason to use good old ‘FaceyB’.
What is your Passion?
I have a few. Tae Kwon-Do, Reading, Geography, Exercise.
Getting or Giving Presents?
Both! – Who doesn’t like getting given a present, but who doesn’t like giving someone else a present?
Ok, this one depends what we mean by pattern.
I rather like paisley and own a few shirts with this on them.
BUT, if we’re talking about Patterns in Tae Kwon-do, the ‘teul’ that were developed by Choi Hong-Hi in his Chang-Hon system of traditional Tae Kwon-Do, then I believe I’d have to say that ‘Hwa-Rang’ is my favourite pattern.
Favourite Day of the Week?
Tulips – They’re like less pretentious roses!
And now on to the nominations! I’ll hyperlink the name of the blog, so if you want to go and check them out (and I think you should!) then just click on through!
1. Remain Insane – She hates people and makes outstandingly truthful and funny observations about the world.
2. So it goes – Stories from the life of a 20 year old.
3. Burk Krohe: Writer – Some very accurate and funny observations about life, along with reviews and plenty of other stuff to get your teeth into.
4. The Wet Puddle – Films and stick figures. What could go wrong?
5. Brain Rants – U.S. Army rants. Always inspiring to see what he writes – currently on deployment but still posting when able. COMMITMENT!
6. Rantings of an Amateur Chef – Amazing recipes always accompanied by a story about them. I’ve had many a dinner idea from this blog!
7. JM Randolph, accidentalstepmom – Life from the point of view of an ‘Accidental Stepmom’. Currently just finished milking her 40th birthday.
8. Sonia G Medeiros – Sci-fi and fantasy writer. Always an inspirational post that makes me want to start writing again.
9. Bennis Inc – A 20-something entrepreneur, this blogger always has great content every monday. It usually inspires me to take my own life and work more seriously.
10. I’ve Become My Parents – Always able to get a chuckle out of me, if only because I can see the path that I’ve already started following myself…